Training Update – Half day Medication Administration Course Added
We are very pleased to announce that we are now able to provide a half day training session for Medication Administration.
Below are some details of what the course contains:-
It is important that any Care Worker who is involved in administering medication has received training on how to perform the task effectively and safely. Whilst presenting the theory aspect to this subject, we also present different equipment used in this process and work through some scenarios.
- Legislation and Medication Policies
- Role of the Medication Giver
- Checking procedure for administration
- Types medication, dispensing methods and routes of administration
- Infection Control and Standard Precautions
- Medication Errors
- Six Rights of Medication Administration
We appreciate that some individuals get quite nervous when dealing with numbers, so we attempt to make this a non-pressurised session and work through the aspects at the level of those in the group.
If you would like some more details on this course or would like to book as date, please contact our training division on 01869 242165.