£9 - £11.5 per hour
Are you passionate about supporting young people with learning disabilities? If you are an experienced Special Needs Support Worker then we would love to hear from you!
The Role: As a Special Needs Support Worker, you will be supporting students at a School with their daily routine and assisting them to take part in activities which will enhance their sensory skills. You will support the students to increase their confidence and independence by helping them to learn life skills when completing tasks and going out into the community. The students you will be supporting will have Autism, Epilepsy, Learning Disabilities or Challenging Behaviours, so experience with these disabilities is essential.
The School caters for students between 10 and 19 with severe learning disabilities. The aim of the school is to maximise the potential of each student by using a person-centred approach when planning and carrying out activities in order to meet their individual needs.
- A minimum of 6 months minimum experience working with children and young people
- Available between the hours 07:00-22:00 Monday to Sunday
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to get one
- Have or be working towards NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care including the Children in Residential Services Module or equivalent
- Have experience of learning disabilities in particular Autism, Epilepsy & Challenging Behaviours
- Have a passion for working in role that will make a real difference
- Be Reliable and Punctual
- Be Trustworthy, Caring a team player and also the ability to work independently
Benefits of the role:
- Excellent hourly rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- INHOUSE annual update training to help with your professional development
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme of up to £50 bonus per referral
- Flexibility - Work around your commitments, choose the shifts that work for you
- Accrue holiday pay