We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced social care manager for this Support Manager vacancy based in Suffolk.
Our client is a leading provider of support to people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and associated health needs with the aim of enabling them to live as independently as possible and improve their quality of life. Support is provided to people in their own homes as well as through community based activities or supporting people into work. They support people with a range of needs, from complex health needs and round the clock care to those who need just a few hours support a week.
The service that the successful candidates will be overseeing, is supporting 8 individuals with learning disabilities and physical disabilities living in bungalows based very close to the town centre and seafront.
Support Manager Key Responsibilities:-
- Carry out initial assessments from referrals, plan and attend initial meetings to get to know the people our client will be supporting
- Recruit a team of support workers
- Direct line manage the team, including a team leader and a team of support workers, providing regular supervisions, appraisals and inductions
- Promoting team development and effectiveness
- Ensure the highest standards are met in the preparation of risk assessment, support plans, person centred plans and finance audits.
- Ensuring weekly rotas are providing appropriate support hours.
Support Manager Key Skills:-
- Highly organised and self driven
- The ability to plan and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
Support Manager salary and benefits:-
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 day with length of service
- Occupational health support
- Fantastic training and development
- Pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Life Assurance
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Online wellbeing centre
- Refer a friend scheme
To be successful in this Support Manager role, candidates should have previous experience of management within a social care setting as well as experience working with people with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. You will be required to demonstrate, through practice, how you will ensure that the values of our client are upheld and how the staff teams are providing consistent and excellent support in line with these values.
Candidates will have also completed or be willing to work towards a Health and Social Care Diploma, level 5 qualification.
The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by our client.
Paterson Health & Social Care is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
Paterson Health and Social Care is an equal opportunities employer.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree to Paterson Health & Social Care sending your CV directly to our client for their consideration.