£27250 - £30000 per year
We are currently recruiting for up to 20 Secure Care Officers in Milton Keynes for our client. You will be looking after, supervising, educating and building bonds with adolescents who are being rehabilitated. This role will be challenging yet significantly more rewarding. We are looking for a variety of individuals who have a passion for helping younger individuals and assisting in the process of getting them back into society. This means we are open to people who have worked in various backgrounds such as care, social work, education, coaching, hospitality or even retail.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is good at empathising with anyone and is resilient, patient and compassionate. These characteristics are much more important to us that the experience and background you come from because this role is all about using your personality to change these adolescents look on life by being the ideal role model. As long as you have worked with children before, this job as a Secure Care Officer, could be suitable for you.
We encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, who can demonstrate integrity and great communication skills. If you think this sounds like you then you might just excel in this job role.
Your daily routine will consist of helping to create a safe, secure environment for these young individuals aged 12 to 18 years who have been detained. Not only that, but you will also be helping create an atmosphere of trust for these adolescents so that you are seen as someone they go to in need of emotional support. This is what makes the biggest difference in maximising the chances of them not re-offending.
Working directly with these young people, a Secure Care Officers responsibilities include:
- Motivation, support and care for 12 to 18 year olds
- Providing a stable and secure educational and residential environment which promotes anti-offending behaviour to develop life skills, manage their own behaviour and enhance their effective resettlement
- Establish mutual trust and respect to ensure a positive and appropriate response to information and guidance
- Set out structures and boundaries by actively showing positive behaviours to demonstrate clear expectations for the young people in our care
- Manage and monitor the behaviour to minimise incidents and emergencies by defusing challenging situations quickly, efficiently and smoothly. Therefore, improving standards of behaviour
What you get in return:
- Starting salary of £27250 rising to £30000 after success completion of a 6 month probation period
- Full time - average 40 hours per week (Shifts)
- Shift times available are: 7:00-15:15 or 13:45-22:00 or 16:00-22:00
- Extensive training and development
- Company Pension
- Free on site parking
- Free meals whilst on shift
- set monthly shift patterns
- Access to High Street shop discounts
- Local gym discounts
To apply for this Secure Care Officer role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 yeas. you will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering hte last 10 years as part of the screening process for the role.
If this role seems like it would be suitable for you, let us know and apply!!