New Job Start to 2022! We are recruiting for our client for Therapeutic Residential Childcare Workers to join their outstanding team in Bedford. Their homes offer a safe and stable environment for young children who have experienced early life trauma and damaging life experiences.
This client is rated as Ofsted Outstanding and as such, staff must be passionate about caring for young children and really want to make a difference.
The role requires staff to be diverse, energetic and able to work in a therapeutic way. Working as part of a dynamic team in providing a consistent approach towards the care of the children.
Key Elements & Required Skills:
- Supporting young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Helping promote a stimulating, caring and culturally appropriate environment for the young people.
- Providing practical and emotional support to young people under the guidance of the Management team.
- You will demonstrate empathy, compassion, resilience and positive parenting skills.
- Work closely with young people, their families and professionals.
- Organising and facilitating social activities and health appointments.
- Maintaining the home (laundry, cleaning, shopping etc.).
- You will be organised, committed and passionate about the work you do.
The working day can be very unpredictable and no two days are the same. You will need to be flexible, adaptable and be able to read situations and help our young people make positive choices.
Our client can provide full training for applicants that do not have any previous residential care experience but are keen to embark on a new career. On successful completion of probationary period, you will enrol to begin a NVQ Level 3 in Residential Childcare.
This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory employment references.
Benefits of Working for this Client:
- Hourly rate of pay for this role is £9.20, with a £43.00 sleep-in allowance. Staff are contracted to 173 hours per month.
- Healthcare scheme.
- Training programme.
- Weekly team meetings / reflective practice sessions.
- 20 days annual leave.
- opportunity for extra hours - often offered with bonus.
We provide care to the children we look after 24/7, 365 days a year; this includes key times such as Christmas, School holidays and Bank holidays. Operating a rota system; shifts begin at 06:30, and finish at 22:30. Part time hours fall within these times and will be agreed at interview stage. You will be required to sleep in at the home on occasions and work some weekends each month.
Along with great pay we offer company pension, an excellent training package and a Health Care Plan.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please contact us for more information.
email@example.com or telephone us on 01908 201846